Like everything else, toilets have gone through enormous changes in design, style and functionalities over time. What today we see a modern wall mounted toilet is a result of centuries of innovation and progress. These are inevitably the most modern design right now. Since these are growing in popularity, you may want to know little bit more about them.
In this article, we are going to discuss everything you need to know about the floating style toilets.
History of Wall Mounted Toilets
While it was few hundred years since the first flush system was invented in the 1700s, toilet design had a huge change in early 1900s. The low level and high-level toilets first became popular around that time. However, with the times these toilets became more compact and turned into a close coupled toilet shape.
These had a toilet bowl and pan close fit together rather then a fitting on up or low levels. Such toilets took less space to fit and were easier handle. Since there was not many alternatives available, these become a hot-selling type throughout the world. And probably till date. In 1964, the first wall mounted toilet was introduced. It slowly started making its way into the commercial building. It was compact and require less space, and easier to clean that made a most space saving choice.
The trend for installing the wall hung toilets has grown tremendously in over the last decade. And we are seeing more and more installations in homes
Something About Wall Mounted Toilets
A typical wall mounted toilet fit with the wall with unsightly tank that goes inside the wall without anything visible. Such setup allows the height adjustment as per your choice. That means its height is customizable as per your choice. So, in other words these are floating style, nothing occupies on the floor, and compact style fixtures.
There are the following expected advantages of such toilets.
- Space Efficiently. Since efficient use of space for the bathroom has become very important over time. It is because there is less space available. Therefore, such bathroom fittings and fixtures are suitable that can help you save space in the bathroom. When it comes to small bathrooms, every inch counts. That’s why wall mounted toilets are a great option if you’re looking to save some space. Unlike traditional floor mounted toilets, wall mounted toilets are attached directly to the wall, freeing up valuable floor space.
- Luxurious Looks and Style. Want a modern feel in the bathroom? Then, you must prefer the wall fitting and design option. It is amongst the most aesthetically pleasing style that can instantly turn into modern and minimalist space. That means if you want your space to look modern then install a wall mounted toilet.
- Hygienic and Easier to Clean. Wall mounted toilets are not only hygienic but also much easier to clean. There is no base or pedestal to trap dirt and grime with no nooks and crannies for dirt and dust to accumulate, you can easily keep your bathroom sparkling clean. What’s more, the sleek design of wall mounted toilets also helps to give your bathroom a more spacious feel. If you’re thinking of giving your bathroom a makeover, then consider opting for a wall mounted toilet. It could just be the perfect finishing touch.
- Spacious and Open Feel The toilet bowl fits a bit couple of feet above the ground level leaving the space under it. This leaves a lot of open space underneath, which can be used for storage or simply left empty to create a more open feel in the bathroom. Which can incredibly help for the bathroom that lacks space.
Features To Look for in Wall Mounted Toilets
If you are planning to have a wall mounted toilet, then it will be a good idea to look for few contemporary features to make it even better.
- Dual Flush System. You will see most of cisterns that fits with a floating style toilet comes with dual flushing mechanism. It helps you choose the amount of water to flush helping you to save loads of water over time.
- Various Types of Toilet Bowls. You will find various types of toilet bowls to fit with the cistern. The variety will makes it easier for you to create the type of looks you want in the bathroom.
When it comes to toilets, there are a lot of options on the market. But if you’re looking for something that’s both stylish and luxurious, a wall mounted toilet is the way to go. These toilets are becoming increasingly popular in high-end homes and hotels, and it’s easy to see why. Wall mounted toilets add a touch of sophistication to any bathroom, and they’re also extremely easy to clean. In addition, many of these come with a built-in bidet, making them even more luxurious. If you’re looking for a toilet that will make a statement, a floating style toilet is the ideal choice.